Tuesday, February 3, 2015

6 Things I Never Thought I'd Say on Set

Filmmaking is a lot different than I thought it would be.

1. "Just lower the book and I'll slide the script inside of it."

2. "We're short on time, so I sharpened this pencil with my teeth."

3. "I need you to hit him with the boom mic."

4. "Don't pet the boom mic!"
5. "I'm tirrrrred. My blood sugar is low."

Me: "Join the club; we have jackets."


6. "Darling, would you..." *children stare* *blush* "Director Pennington, would you please..."
7. Me: "Crap. ...I'm sorry."

Student: "I say crap sometimes at home."

Student: "Me too!"

Student: "Sometimes I say heck!"

Me: "OKAY. Now that you've all been corrupted..."

Is there anything you never thought you'd say? Have a great week!

**

One Note, because I need to rant: I am editing the footage my mom and Collin acted in, and my mom + Collin = oh my gosh THEY WILL NEVER STOP GIGGLING.


She's all, "He keeps looking at me! Make him not look at me," and so we ended up with Jared as a stand-in and Collin with his back turned trying to run lights.



She is adorable and he is adorable and they are entirely worth it, but do you see what I put up with for actors? Do you see this?

How did I ever get so blessed that I get to work with these goofballs?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment